You are hereBack to top
Pacific Northwest's Best Trips (Paperback)
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own back yard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's the Pacific Northwest's Best Trips, your passport to unique experiences awaiting you along the region's gorgeous roadways. Featuring 33 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can ditch the interstate for scenic byways or make stops to sample Willamette's chardonnays, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, cue up your driving playlist, and hit the road
Inside Lonely Planet's the Pacific Northwest's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 78 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle, Portland, Willamette Valley, Ashland, Olympic Peninsula, Whidbey Island, Lummi Island, Okanagan Valley, Mercer Island, Astoria, Fairhaven, Newport and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's the Pacific Northwest 's Best Trips is perfect for exploring the Pacific Northwest in the classic American way-by road trip
- Planning a trip to the region sans a car? Lonely Planet's Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guide, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on Seattle? Check out Lonely Planet's Seattle guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides to New England, Southwest USA, California, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips, ' with excerpts from each guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland and our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Mariella Krause, Celeste Brash, Korina Miller and Brendan Sainsbury.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.